Article by Axandra
Search engine optimization isn't just about getting high rankings on search engines. It's also about reaching customers at the right time. If your website provides the right kind of information at the right time, people are more likely to interact with your website. How should you optimize your web pages to benefit from this?
What are micro-moments?
The term 'micro-moments' has been coined by Google. According to Google, a micro-moment is 'an intent-rich moment when a person turns to a device to act on a need - to know, go, do, or buy.'
Basically, micro-moments describe the different types of search that lead to a conversion on your website.
The four most important micro-moments
According to Google, there are four moments that matter:
- I-want-to-know moments: when someone is exploring, but not necessarily in purchase mode.
- I-want-to-go moments: when someone is looking for a local business or is considering buying a product at a nearby store.
- I-want-to-do moments: when someone wants help completing a task or trying something new.
- I-want-to-buy moments: when someone is ready to make a purchase and may need help deciding what to buy or how to buy it
How to benefit from micro-moments
All of the four micro-moment categories can send targeted visitors to your website. To get the best results, you have to understand the customer intent.
For example, people who eventually book a vacation typically go through different phases: thinking about a vacation, exploring different options, planning the vacation and booking the vacation.
In each phase, the customer uses different keywords on search engines. Create keyword lists for each phase: 'what are good places for a summer holiday?', 'what can I do in miami?', 'best hotels in florida', 'four stars hotels in atlanta', etc.
How to get keyword ideas
The keyword tools in SEOprofiler help you to get keyword ideas for your search engine optimization campaigns. You get many different tools:
- Keyword Suggestion Tool: get keyword suggestions, search volume, estimated bid, competition
- Keyword Spy: get the keywords that your competitors use for SEO and paid search marketing
- WDF Keyword Analyzer: get the keywords that your competitors use on their web pages
- Keyword Difficulty Tool: find out how difficult it is to get high rankings for a particular keyword
- Keyword optimization tools: create long tail keywords, optimize keyword lists for Google AdWords, add qualifying words to your keywords lists, and much more.
Google's concept of micro-moments is Google's way to tell you that your website should offer your website visitors what they want, when they want it. Optimize different pages of your website for different keywords that target the different stages of the buying process.
The tools in SEOprofiler help you to find these keywords, and they also help you to get high rankings for these keywords. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now.
Article by Axandra